Shatili surrounding trip
Shatili surrounding trip
Sparsely populated Khevsureti, bordering Chechnya is home to some fantastic defensive architecture, a part-animist religion, and spectacular scenery of steep, forested valleys and blooming mountain pastures. Men in this remote area were still wearing chain mail well into the 20th century. Khevsurs never accepted local lords; they elected their leaders, council of elders and submitted themselves only to the monarch. They were exceptional warriors and were often promoted as royal bodyguards. Kings regarded them as reliable guardians of the Caucasus Mountains and the northern border of the kingdom.
- All transfers;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
3* or Guesthouse Accommodations (1 night)
- Sightseeing tour program with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Wine tastings in Kakheti region, Georgia.
- Full board (lunch and dinner);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance.
Day 1 - Tbilisi Hotel - Transfer to Shatili - Trip to Mutso - Overnight in Shatili
Tbilisi Hotel – Transfer to Shatili – Trip to Mutso – Overnight in Shatili
- Shatili – historic highland village in Georgia. The village is actually a unique complex of medieval-to-early modern fortresses and fortified dwellings of stone and mortar. Shatili is a small village centered around a mideval fortress on the border of Chechenya and Georgia in the Khevsureti region. It is on UNESCO’s world heritage list. On the map it might seem like a short trip, only about 140 km north of Tbilisi. But that piece of road probably contains some of the most satisfactory kilometers an average sesationseeking personality will ever experience.
- Mutso – is the last settlement area of Khevsureti. What makes Mutso so interesting, is its ruined city hanging above it on a rocky land. The hike up there is quite challenging but is worth every step as you get rewarded with gorgeous views of the valley.
Day 2 - Shatili hotel - Free time in Shatili - Go back to Tbilisi
Shatili guesthouse – free time in Shatili – transfer to Tbilisi – Overnight in Tbilisi
- Explore Shatili, Mutso and the tombs with a professional guide
- Enjoy the comfort of a private transfer, where you can stop as often as you like for photos or just inhaling the beauty of surrounding nature
Go at your own pace and immerse into the local culture and spirit of Georgian
See authentic Georgia off the beaten path – visit the legendary region of Khevsureti! Impressive mountains, medieval forts, ancient defense towers, authentic food and mystical tombs are waiting for you on this tour.The road to Shatili is open only for 6 months in a year and leads through a beautiful and untouched nature of East Caucasus. The landscapes are breathtaking and you will hardly meet anyone on this road, while you drive along the Aragvi river, through the forests and mountain passes, rocky waterfalls and ancient tower ruins.
|1 person – 380 $|
|2 person – 400 $|
|3 person – 450 $|
|4 person – 470 $|