Svaneti Mestia tourism
Svaneti Mestia tourism
Mestia is the central town of Upper (Zemo) Svaneti, located 456 km away from Tbilisi. At 1,500 meters above sea level, the city is the starting point for many trips throughout the region. From the center of Mestia, you can hike up to glaciers at the bottom of Ushba, ride a horse to alpine meadows, learn the Svan culture, and ski if you visit it during the winter months. Mestia is the best base for hiking and trekking and for exploration of Georgia’s one of the greatest regions Svaneti. Svanetti has the highest summits, one of the best guesthouses and food in the mountains of Georgia, nice people, developed infrastructure, richest cultural heritage, great views, all what you can wish for, even nice small cafes and some little nightlife.
- All transfers;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
3* or Guesthouse Accommodations (2 night)
- Sightseeing tour program with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Wine tastings in Kakheti region, Georgia.
- Full board (lunch and dinner);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance.
1 Day - Tbilisi/kutaisi Hotel - Sightseeing during the road - Overnight in Mestia
In the morning departure to Mestia – Enguri reservoir – Svaneti museum – Khergiani and Margiani museum – Svan tower – Betqili waters – Supper and overnght in Mestia.
The first stop is breakfast at 10:00 at Café near Enguri water dam. After worm breakfast and dam we are heading to Mestia. On the way we stop several times to take pictures and to enjoy with waterfalls and amazing views on Caucasus mountain range. We arrive in Mestia for the lunch time. After lunch break we visit Hatsvali ski resort. Cable way goes from 1500 to 2300 m altitude. From the top there is amazing view on Ushba (4700-4710m) and Tetnuldi (4850m). Next stop is Margiani family fighting tower and house-museum and that was built in 14th century. Tour finishes at 17:00 at Seti square.
Overnight in Mestia
2 Day - Mestia hotel - Ushguli Day tour - Overnight in Mestia
Breakfast in a Hotel – Ushguli – Love tower – Lamaria monastery – Ethnographic museum – National treasure depository – Village Kala – St Kvirike and Ivlita church – Supper and overnight in Mestia.
On this day we have off-road tour to Ushguli – the highest settlement in Europe. We start at 10 a.m. with picking up guests. Our first stop is tower of love that represents story of prohibited love. Afterwards we keep off-roading to Ushguli. Once we achieve Ushguli our vehicles are parked in the center. Guests have 3 hours to explore the ancient towers and churches. We return in Mestia at 17:00.
3 Day - Mestia hotel - Offroad tour - Go back to Tbilisi or Kutaisi
Breakfast in a Hotel – Hatsvali – Qoruldi lakes – Departure to Zugdidi – Dadianebi castle – Come back in Tbilisi.
- Number 1 highlight is Hatsvali cable cars. From Mestia cable cars start from the city center and take you to panoramic Cafe Zuruldi which is located on the level of 2340m and has great views over Caucasus summits – Devil 2headed Ushba and snow white pricess Tetnuldi. Cable car from Mestia till Hatsvali base station started to operate in 2017 end to make it more convenient for tourists to experience Svaneti. From Mestia Tetnuldi resort is also reachable easily in 30 minutes.
- Koruldi Lakes is a hiking, jeep, horseriding, skitouring etc area from Mestia. Jeepride may be hard and scary especially for foreigners so better to trust your legs. First of all, you should decide how much you would like to hike: 1) Just to Cross (viewpoint towards Mestia) its only 2 hr (2.5hr) hike 1 way (ascents) from 1400m to 2150m, 2) more relaxing 2 (2.5) more hours is to the Koruldi lakes (2750m). Here ordinary hikers route ends. 3) Then if you are crazy enough you can hike to the ridge 3400m to see the best views of Ushba summit. This is recommended only with guide and experience. Some sections are steep and harder so 3-4 hr more will be needed. from 1400 to 3400m of course I dont recommend hiking in 1 day up and down. I would suggest using car to the lakes then hike, or camping at the lakes, or sleeping in cloudbase hut which is near the lakes. Generally Koruldi lakes are justifying 1 important fact about alpine lakes – Reflection – double view of the mountains in the lake are better than the lake itself.
- Daidian’s Palace – The collections of the Museum consist of over 45,000 items. The Museum’s armaments collection includes more than 200 swords, pistols, guns, and other military items. Most were gathered as war booty, but some were gifts from Russia’s Tsars. Palace furnishings are of French and Russian design, and many pieces are gilded with gold or elaborately carved. some of which date back to the original Palace collection expropriated in 1919, and some of which have been subsequently added.
Svaneti Mestia tourism
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.