Mestia – Bakuriani and Gudauri
Georgia winter package
Georgia winter package. winter resorts in Georgia country. Georgian Voyage team offering winter tourism in Georgia. Here, we have a lots off very popular winter resorts, The best of them is Gudauri, Bakuriani and Mestia. During the tour we will organise, Airport transfers, accommodation, tour guide. In This package you will get snow activities and standard sightseeing tours as well. 3 winter resorts with Tbilisi city tour and surroundings. Most visited Destinations in Georgia
Ski resorts in Georgia
Gudauri – is a fabulous ski resort situated on a southern slopes of the Greater Caucasus. Mountain Range in Georgia, 2,196 m above sea level. It is only 120 km from Tbilisi, capital of Georgia, less than 2 hours drive by car.
Mestia – the main regional center of Zemo (Upper) Svaneti, is situated 456 km from Georgia’s capital city. Tbilisi, and is 1,500 meters above sea level. It is the starting point for most trips to Svaneti.
Bakuriani – ski resort is an excellent getaway to enjoy the mountainous nature of Georgia. There you can ski in winter; What’s more you can take some treatment in the resort with healing springs in the off-season that is from March through November. 200 km away from Tbilisi.
Georgia winter package
Tour Schedule – for more information see (TOUR PLAN ) | Tour can be simulate upon costumer request
Day 1 Arrival at the Tbilisi/Batumi/Kutaisi International Airport, where will meet you our company’s representative. Check in hotel in Tbilisi – overnight in Tbilisi Day 2 Tbilisi city tour Day 3 Tbilisi hotel - Trip to Mtskheta - (Svetickhoveli cathedral - Jvari monastery) Trip to Kazbegi - Ananuri castle - Gudauri view point - Gergeti Trinity Church - overnight in Gudauri or Kazbegi Day 4 Gudauri day off (snow activity) - overnight in Gudauri or Kazbegi Day 5 Gudauri Hotel - Uplistsikhe caves - Borjomi - Bakuriani - Overnight in Bakuriani Day 6 Bakuriani Hotel - snow activity - Overnight in Bakuriani Day 7 BaKuriani Hotel - Martvili Canyon - Transfer to Mestia - Overnight in Mestia Day 8 Mestia Hotel - Mestia snow activity - Overnight in Mestia Day 9 Mestia Hotel - Promete caves - Transfer to Tbilisi - Overnight in Tbilisi Day 10 Tbilisi Hotel - Departure - Transfer to the Tbilisi international airport
DepartureTbilisi / Batumi / Kutaisi International Airports
Departure TimeOn Agreement
Return TimeOn Agreement
IncludedMestia – Bakuriani and GudauriTransportationBreakfastAccommodation in economy / premium class hotelTransfer from the airportTransfer to the airportEntry fees ( on agreement )Tour guideCar with driver
Not IncludedTraditional restaurantFly Tickets
Arrival at the Tbilisi/Batumi/Kutaisi International Airport, where will meet you our company’s representative. Check in hotel in Tbilisi – overnight in Tbilisi
Tbilisi city tourAfter breakfast at the hotel Georgian voyage team will orginize your pick up. Tour Starts at 10:00 am. Tbilisi city tour starts from Trinity cathedral (1995-2004), the highest one in Georgia. That’s the place where the Catholicos-Patriarch of all Georgia arranges public baptism every year. Take a nice walk on Sharden street, en-route you can see the small sculpture of Tamada (toast master). Continue to Sioni cathedral from the 13th c. And Erekle II Street full of nice cafes, bars. Cross the glass Bridge of Peace. Get in the cable car and drive up to Narikala fortress 4th c. Stroll down to the mosque, little canyon and waterfall in Legvtakhevi area. Continue to Abanotubani, sulfur bath houses. Here you can see the colorful bath (ChreliAbano) Alexander Pushkin’s favorite one. Finish the old city tour at Maidan square. Overnight in Tbilisi hotel
Tbilisi hotel - Trip to Mtskheta - (Svetickhoveli cathedral - Jvari monastery) Trip to Kazbegi - Ananuri castle - Gudauri view point - Gergeti Trinity Church - overnight in Gudauri
- Svetickhoveli cathedral is the main Christian Orthodox Cathedral in Georgia, built in 1010-1029 cc by the Georgian architect Arsukisdze and represents the high artistic value of Feudal time’s architecture. It was the main pilgrimage place on the Silk Road, the burial place of the Christ’s Robe, the tomb place of Georgian Kings and the most frequently visited place in Georgia. It is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site and is located in the historical town of Mtskheta, the former capital of the kingdom of Iberia.
- Jvari monastery - The masterpiece of Early Christian Orthodox architecture Jvari Monastery is dated 585-604 cc AD. Located on the hill top near the town Mtskheta, it is listed in UNESCO World Heritage Site list in 1994. The name is translated as the Monastery of the Cross. According to traditional accounts, in the early 4th century Saint Nino stayed here to pray and erected a wooden cross on Mtskheta’s highest hill. The church was built on the crest of a cliff at a confluence of the rivers Mtkvari and Aragvi. It is a representative of the tetra conch architectural type that was popular not only in Georgia but also in Byzantine world.
- Ananuri castle - Ananuri fortress is a sixteenth century castle complex on the Aragvi River. The fortress stands beside the famous Georgian Military Highway, overlooking a large Jinvali lake. Its high, turreted stone walls protect two churches, a watch tower and a reservoir. The main church facade is beautifully carved with animal, floral and Celtic style patterns
- Gudauri view point - A huge curving stone-plated concrete structure, Russian Georgian Friendship Monument was built in 1983 to commemorate the bicentennial of the Treaty of Georgievsk, which put Georgia under Russian protectorate.Gudauri is a fabulous ski resort situated on a southern slopes of the Greater Caucasus Mountain Range in Georgia, 2,196 m above sea level. It is only 120 km from Tbilisi, capital of Georgia, less than 2 hours drive by car. The ski season lasts from December to April, weather is always warm and sunny.
Gergeti trinity church In Kazbegi - This architectural complex from the XIV century is located in the village of Gergeti, 6 km from the town of Stepantsminda, at a height of 2200 m. The complex includes Holy Trinity Cathedral, constructed in the XIV century, the bell tower built in the XIV century, and clergy houses from the XV century. You can hike up to the complex in about two hours, hire a driver, or even rent a horse
Gudauri Hotel - Uplistsikhe caves - Borjomi - Bakuriani - Overnight in Bakuriani
- Uplistsikhe caves - Located in Eastern Georgia, is an abandoned rock-hewn town, which once have played an important role in Georgian history. The place was founded in the late Bronze Age, around 1000 BC, and continued to be inhabited until 13th century AD.
- Borjomi – Kharagauli National Park is one of the largest national parks in Europe. It includes 6 administrative units, namely, Borjomi, Kharagauli, Khashuri, Kutaisi, Akhaltsikhe, Abastumani and Bagdati areas. Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park administration covers Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park as such, Borjomi Nature Reserve (IUCN Category I, founded in 1935, the area of 14 820.6 ha, purpose of foundation – protection of unique woodlands and Caucasian deer Cervus elaphus maral ) and Nedzvi Reserve (IUCN Category IV, 8992 ha, was
BaKuriani Hotel - Martvili Canyon - Transfer to Mestia - Overnigh in Mestia
- The Martvili Canyons in Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region are named after the nearby town of Martvili. The spectacular canyons, caves and waterfalls were formed over time by the Abasha River and feature beautiful green and blue colors.
- Mestia - the most original and mysterious area of Georgia hiding high in the mountains. This wonderful little town lying at an altitude of 1,500 meters in an area of steppe that rises gradually up towards the surrounding Greater Caucasus Mountains.
Day 8 Mestia Hotel - Mestia snow activity - Overnight in Mestia
Mestia Hotel - Mestia snow activity - Overnight in Mestia
- Ushguli - UNESCO world heritage site is the highest permanently inhabited village in Europe, located in Svaneti, at the feet of Shkhara, one of the highest Caucasian summits. About 70 families, approximately 250 people live in the village, which dates back more than 2000 years
Mestia Hotel - Promete caves - Transfer to Tbilisi - Overnight in Tbilisi
- Prometheus Caves - Kumistavi cave, also known as the cave of Prometheus, is located near the Georgian town of Tskhaltubo, 20 km away from Kutaisi in Imereti region in the West of the country. It takes about an hour to explore it. Inside there are underground lakes and rivers; rather high humidity and a lot of bats, which, however, do not bother tourists, as they fly very high. Cave is one of the most touristy spots of Georgia. It is a unique experience to feel the underworld atmosphere in all its glory and colors. Tourists may choose between walking tours along the 1600 meters route, and the boat ride along the underground river.